Monday, February 14, 2011

Great Books About Love

Okay since love is on the world's mind today I wanted to share 2 books I've read and that have a wealth of insight to marriage and relationships. These two books I'm sure you've heard of but I wanted, in a way, to share my thoughts on the two since they have both individually helped me understand my hubby and also help me cope with the things that happen within our relationships that may make you feel as though love is lost sometimes.

First is The Love Dare by Stephen & Alex Kendrick, it was introduced in a movie called Fireproof, which I also recommend. THis book is a 40 day challenge, each day having a specific task and lesson. It's definately a challenge to get through but it is intended to make you change you faults and in turn change your spouse without trying to MAKE them change yourself.


The other is Men Are Like Waffles, Woman Are Like Spaghetti by Bill & Pam Farrel, this book is similar to the Venus/Mars concept, presented in a cute way and yet definately insighful to understanding the opposite sex and the way WE as seperate genders do and think differently.



I would encourage anyone in a romantic(sometimes not-so romantic :P) relationship to read these books. Every lesson within these two can be applied to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment